NatGeoRun 2017 Earth Day

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 10:33 AM


I've always planned to join funrun, I wanted to participate and have fun. Running brings me happiness, I love the feeling while running and looking directions. It just happens that it had to be in National Geographic Earth Day Run last April 23, 2017. This is my first ever funrun to join with so many participants. The venue was in SM Mall of Asia and start/finish line in the sea side.

A post shared by National Geographic TV PH (@natgeo_ph) on


I've challenged myself to try a long distance and thinking to join in 21km, but I refuse to register in 21km since I'm not sure if I can do that long run, although I can rest and walk so I decided to try 10km.For Php950 registration fee, I guess my money and time worth the price with race kit included (Singlet, Race bib and LED shoelace).

A post shared by Thewata Hernandez (@misstheerious) on

While walking and running, I didn't notice how long it was unless I saw the kilometer signs. It was indeed a great experience for me. Seeing those LED shoelace together while many runners on my other side are like a beautiful scenery in my eye. Those are glowing in darkness. You'll see below my shoes.

A post shared by Thewata Hernandez (@misstheerious) on

I considered myself to have this experience as my first official long run. I don't even know that those booths I've seen earlier before the run has giveaways. Unfortunately, after I've finished the run those freebies were done for some booths as they have limited for the giveaway. Still, other booths had some goodies left for late comers. I can say that RELISPRAY is effective as I've tried it already few times.

Before I forgot to share, all participants received a loot bag. You will see below what we got in the loot bag.


I'm a Certified Eco Warrior!

A post shared by Thewata Hernandez (@misstheerious) on

Beneficiary of the FunRun: Providing Freshwater for Metro Manila (Ipo Watershed)
http://www.natgeorunph.com/beneficiary/

I would like to join a fun run again soon. :) Hope you guys will challenge yourself too for good. Running is healthy and good exercise that everyone of us can do.

You Might Also Like

0 comments